Tips For Dealing With Life:
When life gets tough, try these …
Positive Coping Mechanisms
1. Talk things out- with a friend, counselor, parent, youth leader
2. Ask God for help- pray, memorize verses about your issues
3. Exercise- work out your frustrations physically
4. Write- journal, diary, poems, songs,
5. Art- express yourself, draw, paint, sing, build,
6. Accountability- invite someone to check in with you regularly
7. Positive Environments- choose positive places & uplifting people
8. Listen- to positive music, to good advice
9. Develop a plan- make a decision & plan to stop the negative habits
10. Get help- some habits & issues require professional help (see below)
- Psalm 18:2 “The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.”
- Call 911 if you are in a crisis and need immediate help
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Suicide hotline, 24/ 7 free and confidential, nationwide network of crisis centers.
- Pregnancy Decision Health Center
- Phone: 614-444-4411 * Email: email@example.com
DRUG & ALCOHOL USE
- Drug Facts: Info & Tips on a wide variety of drug use & abuse
- Teen Drug Abuse & Rehab: Substance abuse, addiction, & recovery. Local rehab locations & information.
- Al-Anon & Alateen: Info & Local Meetings for families with alcohol & drug issues
THINK YOU NEED A PROFESSIONAL COUNSELOR?
That’s cool, we all need help sometimes. (Counselors in Columbus, OH)
- Cornerstone Family Services: Cornerstone handles a wide variety of teen issues & has a satellite counseling office located at our church.
- ADDICTION, ABUSE, ANGER, ANXIETY, DEPRESSION, CUTTING, SUICIDE, DEATH/LOSS, EATING DISORDERS, SELF-ESTEEM, IDENTITY, ILLNESS, SEXUALITY, PREGNANCY, PORNOGRAPHY, RAPE, SUBSTANCE USE & ABUSE, DRUGS, ALCOHOL, STRESS, & FAMILY ISSUES.
- Wellspring Counseling: WellSpring Counseling provides Christian counseling services for a wide variety of teen & family issues.