Author: Thomas Eagle (London H.S.)
One of my favorite hobbies is playing the guitar. I enjoy playing by myself and I especially enjoy playing with a band or with a small group. Guitar has given me a way to express myself through music & worship and has given me many friends because of it. My all time favorite things to do is lead a group in worship.
Some of my most meaningful memories that I have had during my time in youth group, have been connected to some kind of worship experience. Whether it be with the band Sing Love, our church band, or with our youth group band, there is something about celebrating our love for Christ and his love for us that really strikes me. In particular, why he loves us.
Let’s face it, we are nowhere close to perfect. Time after time we mess up on the same things, and the fact that Jesus still loves us despite our wrongdoings, is definitely a reason for us to worship.
But you may be wondering, how could the great and powerful God love us? How could he love messed up, sinful creatures like ourselves? The answer to why he loves us is because he is love. His love is so powerful for us, that nothing can separate it.
- “No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.” -Romans 8:37-39
The Lord almighty even loves us SO much that he gave his ONE and ONLY son as a sacrifice for us, so that we could spend eternity with him.
- “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” -John 3:16
I know that most of you have heard or seen that verse before, but the fact is, it’s such a compelling verse in the sense that it states just how much God loves us. He loved us so much that Jesus sacrificed himself on the cross to forgive our sins.
Sometimes it can be hard to find reasons to worship, especially if everything is going wrong in your world. If you are having trouble, just remember this: God loves YOU, a messed up individual with flaws & weaknesses. Despite what you have done he loves and cares about you. God’s love for you & his sacrifice are amazing reasons to worship.
- Quote: “Worship is our response… to God for who He is and what He has done; expressed in and by the things we say and the way we live.” –Louie Giglio
Put Your Faith in Action:
- Can you think of other reasons to worship God?
- What are some of your favorite ways to worship God?
- What does God’s love & sacrifice mean to you personally?
Text: © 2017 LCC- F.R.O.G. Youth Ministry. Used with author’s permission * Image: © google free use license